WKSU STAFF HONORED BY OHIO PROFESSIONAL WRITERS, INC.
Monday May 19, 2008
For immediate release
Contact: Robert J. Burford, WKSU
WKSU was recognized with 12 awards from Ohio Professional Writers, Inc., the state affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women (NFPW). The prizes will be presented June 21 in the Pugh Cabin Conference Center at Malabar Farm State Park during the organization's annual spring conference. WKSU staff members who were honored with first-place awards were automatically entered into the national Communications Contest sponsored by NFPW.
First place awards went to:
Radio Broadcast Categories:
• Prepared Report, Reporter/Producer Amanda Rabinowitz for "A Soldier's Friends"
• Special Programming, Rabinowitz for "World War II on the Homefront"
• Special Reporting Series, Reporter/Producer Kevin Niedermier for "Changes in Medical School Classrooms"
• Interview, Reporter/Producer Vivian Goodman for "Mitsuko Uchida"
• Presentation, Goodman for "All Things Considered"
Marketing/Public Information Categories:
• Newsletter-Electronic, Marketing Associate Ann VerWiebe for "WKSU E-Notes"
• Color Brochure, Public Relations Director Bob Burford and Marcus Thomas LLC for "Kent State Folk Festival Program Guide"
Other awards were presented to:
• Prepared Report, Folk Alley Director of Production and Operations Chris Boros for "Jandek"
• Prepared Report, Goodman for "African American First Family of Golf"
• Feature Release-Single Release, VerWiebe for "Elizabeth Bartz"
• Newspaper, Trade Paper, Magazine or Website, Institutional or Image Ad, Burford and Marcus Thomas for "Marketplace"
• Marketing Campaign, Burford and Marcus Thomas for "Whad'Ya Know? in Canton"
WKSU broadcasts NPR & Classical Music at 89.7 FM, and is a service of Kent State University. WKSU programming is also heard on WKRW 89.3 FM in Wooster, WKRJ 91.5 FM in Dover/New Philadelphia, WKSV 89.1 FM in Thompson, WNRK 90.7 in Norwalk, W298BA 107.5 FM in Boardman, and W239AZ 95.7 FM in Ashland. The WKSU web site is www.wksu.org.
PR08.05 ### 5/19/08
(Back to press releases