Metro RTA

Filing out after Board of Trustees meeting
Tim Rudell / WKSU

The Akron Metro RTA trustees  fired Executive Director Richard Enty Friday afternoon. He’s been on paid administrative leave since November while investigations into his conduct on the job have been underway.

During a special meeting, the trustees voted 8-1, with one abstention, to terminate Richard Enty’s contract.  They were unanimous in declining comment on reasons for the firing.

Davis Besse

Correction:  This article originally included a story referencing the executive director of the Greater Cleveland RTA.  The person in the story is actually executive director of Akron Metro RTA.

Here are your morning headlines for Friday, Jan. 26:

METRO RTA HQ, board meeting room
Tim Rudell / WKSU

The fate of METRO RTA Executive Director Richard Enty remains unknown.

Enty has been on paid administrative leave -- his third suspension in his five years heading the public transit agency -- since November.

The agency’s board held a special meeting today to discuss “a personnel matter.” Immediately after assembling, the Board went into executive session. It adjourned without comment about an hour later.  Legal counsel Karen Adinolfi would only say that no decisions were made. 


The board of Summit County’s public transportation agency has set a special meeting for tomorrow  as its executive director enters the third month of a suspension and the FBI is making inquiries.

Richard Enty has been on paid leave since early November, when Akron Metro RTA board President Saundra Foster resigned. They’d been the focus of a complaint to the Ohio Ethics Commission that Enty gave Foster gifts – including a car starter --  and rides at a time when she was overseeing negotiations on his new three-year contract.

Metro RTA terminal, Akron
Metro RTA

The Executive Director of Akron Metro RTA has been suspended after the transit agency’s board of trustees voted to place Richard Enty on paid administrative leave. It's the third time Enty has been suspended.

The board met in a special session at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, then went into executive session for about an hour.